.NET Programming Weekly Issue 5 - February 29, 2020
- Do you know that JIT-x86 can’t apply the inlining optimization for a method that contains the
stargIL-opcode? The implementation of
Decimalis a hack to avoid this situation.
- JIT-x86 can’t apply the inlining optimization for method that contain the starg orldarga opcodes regardless the MethodImpl attribute.
- This greate post is out of date (CLR 2.0). But it’s still helpful to understand the internals of .Net types from a CLR perspective.
- This article talked about .NET’s object memory layout and how objects lay in memory and about Method Table and EEClass and how Generics affect them and how they work under the hood, and what optimizations CLR performs to keep them efficient.
- A discussion from StackoverFlow talked about common cases of boxing in c#.
- These are some tips from author’s experience in optimizing Hagar’s performance. Most of this advice is applicable to other types of libraries or applications.
- A fantastic free .NET memory management poster from Konrad Kokosa. His book ‘Pro .NET Memory Management’1 is great too.